We had a wonderful weekend. We headed to Ohio on Saturday afternoon to go visit some good friends and attend a birthday party. We got there in time to see Hannah (7) play a basketball game where she threw her first basket!! Go Hannah! On Sunday they had Wyatt's 3rd birthday party. Gabe has always loved Hannah and talks about her all the time, but it wasn't until this visit that he and Wyatt really started playing together well.
Sunday when we got up Tim cooked an awesome breakfast (as he usually does when we're there), omelets and bacon (something we only have at home on special occasions). From the moments Gabe realized it was the day of the party all he could talk about was birthday cake. He was so excited to get birthday cake. I don't understand it. It's not like we withhold sweets from that kid, but when he can have sweets, cake especially, he is sssssooooooooooo happy. You'd think he never got it the way he drools over it til he gets it. We didn't let him have any sweets up until he turned 1 and we still monitor his intake now, otherwise he'd live off sugar. We have a hard enough time getting him to eat lunch and dinner.
It was very nice to hang out with Tim and Heather and the kids. In the last year or so it's gotten harder to get together with them with all of us being so busy. For those of you who read this blog and don't know who I'm talking about, Tim was the best man at our wedding and a friend of Mike's since elementary school (I think). And Mike was in their wedding.
Of course, I wanted to put pictures up of our weekend and of Hannah and Wyatt, but my camera batteries died after one picture this weekend. I had 2 extra rechargeable sets with me, but for some reason they registered dead also. This has been happening alot, I think I need to have my camera looked at. Anyway, I've uploaded some pictures of Hannah and Wyatt from New Year's Day when we saw them.

Here's Gabe and Hannah.
Gabe, Hannah, Wyatt playing with Tinker toys.
Hannah holding Caleb for the first time.
We also finally got to go to one of Mike's pep band games last week. Caleb stayed awake for most of the time we were there and just kept staring at the cheerleaders (of course they were right in front of us so where else was he going to look). Does this say something about his future?!

Here's Mike directing and playing at the same time.

They are the Southwestern Spartans and here is the mascot trying to direct the band.


No comments:
Post a Comment