We didn't tell many people about a possible problem with Caleb because we didn't have a term to put to it. When he was born the pediatrician found that he had an asymetrical crease on his back at his tailbone. She didn't seem too concerned about it, but said she'd watch it. Then at his one month check-up on Dec. 4th she looked at it again and went back and forth on whether to have an ultrasound done to rule out any problems. She really didn't think there was anything wrong, but didn't want to risk it or have us worry about it. So we had a spinal ultrasound done on wednesday (the 10th) at Riley. We got the offical okay from the doctors office yesterday (the 11th) that his spine looks normal and there is nothing to be worried about! I guess they were making sure it wasn't "tethered". I'm not sure what that means, but when I started looking into what it could have been on the internet (before the ultrasound) I was finding out alot about spina bifada, which scared me to death! Of course I over researched as I always do and freaked myself out and was having thoughts of him being wheelchair confined later in life and never walking and all kinds of bad stuff. I broke down at Riley while waiting for the ultrasound technician when we saw many kids in wheelchairs around the hospital. So God answered our prayers that he was healthy! Of course there isn't going to be a picture with this post. (I really didn't want to put a picture on the web of Calebs butt crack!) :)
2 comments:
Wow, Robin - I'm so glad to hear he's OK. What a weight lifted that must be!
We're so glad everything turned out good...of course we all knew all along that he was perfect :)
Post a Comment