Born November 4, 2008 at 9:27 PM
8 lbs. 12 oz.

This was taken just a few minutes after he was born.
He wasn't due until the 10th, but I had been walking around for 2 weeks feeling like a "ticking timebomb" and was afraid I wouldn't make it to the hospital on time when he did decide to come. So on Tuesday, Nov. 4th, I went to my dr. appointment and she told us to go grab a bite to eat and meet her at the hospital in a little while. I was admitted at 5:15pm, she broke my water soon after and was only in labor for about 3 hours before he was born. He came out screaming (something Gabe didn't do until the day we took him home). Although, since he was born he has been a pretty "easy" baby (I hate to say that out loud). Our biggest issues have been with Gabe. I guess he is showing his frustrations and stress of a new member in the family. We are hoping this is short lived and he gets over it soon!!! Gabe does ask to hold his baby brother often and says how much he loves him. It's very sweet! Most nights, so far, he only wakes me once during the night to eat at ~3am!! (I also hate to say this out loud for fear he might decide to get up more often). This is also a nice change from when Gabe was a newborn. He was jaundice and had to be fed every 2-3 hours around the clock for a month. So the adjustment to 2 kids from 1 has not been as tiresome as I expected. I'm still exhausted, but at least I'm not a zombie.
Gabe checking out Caleb.
Mommy and Caleb.
Daddy and Caleb.

Big brother Gabe and Caleb.

He was born on election day!

Caleb and cousin Brody checking each other out.
(They are 6 months apart and one day can gang up on their older brothers who are 2 and 3).

Going home from the hospital.
Our new family.


1 comment:
What a handsome little guy! Having 2 little boys can be quite the adventure...
Post a Comment