Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kings Island






We took Gabe on his first trip to Kings Island a few weeks ago. He loved it! Gabe and I went along on one of Mike's band trips and had a good time. Gabe surprised use with many new things. First of all when we got to the hotel on friday night he was begging to go swimming. This surprised us because the last time we took him swimming in April Mike had to slowly ease him into it. He likes to know what's going to happen before he does it with most things so he won't just try something new right away. Anyway, he got right in the water and was having a blast. So then I went over to him and asked him if he'd like to jump into daddy (thinking he'd say no), he said YES! He did it many times and loved it! Unfortunately I forgot to take the camera to the pool so I don't have any pictures of that.



Then we went to Kings Island the next day. At first he only wanted to ride the rides that mommy and daddy could go with him on. There is a "blues clues" ride that we saw when we first got there that he really wanted to ride, but when we told him he had to ride it by himself he said no. So we rode all the rides that all 3 of us could ride, then we thought we'd try the mini coaster. Mike rode it with him the first time and Gabe didn't look so thrilled while on it (he had his thumb in his mouth the whole way). But right when they got off he immediately wanted to ride it again, so they did.



Finally at the end of our time in the kiddie section he said to Mike "I ride blues clues by myself". So we took him to it and he rode a ride all by himself!! We were so proud of him.



He was tall enough for the scrambler so Mike took him on this one (I didn't think this one was a good idea), but he loved it for the most part. Towards the end he was ready to get off though. These pictures are kinda funny because Gabe is so small you can't even see him!

No comments: