Wednesday, August 18, 2010

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well....it's been about 6 months since I last blogged on here.  I'm doing fine with my treatments and life is getting back to the way it should be so I'm going to switch back to this blog for most news now.  This one is of random summer events.

We had Gabe's 5th birthday party 3 weekends ago.  He picked a "tee ball" theme for the party.  He had a lot of fun.  He was very excited that so many of his friends were there.


Gabe bought this airplane with some of his birthday money.  I was afraid he'd play with it once and get bored of it.  He loves it!  He asks to play with it all the time and can actually make the thing fly pretty good.


We took the boys to Rascal's on Gabe's birthday.  He begs to go there everytime we pass it (which is several times a week) and we never go.  It was fun, we did putt putt and mini bowling, but ran out of time to do anything else because we then took him to see Toy Story 3 (thanks to General Mills free movie ticket promotion...I'm going to miss all those free tickets).
Below I'm trying to help Caleb roll the ball down the lane.  I made the mistake of letting him do it completely on his own the first time and it went so slow that when it got 3/4 of the way down the lane it started rolling back towards us!  I finally had to walk down and get it and then I helped him push it the next time.

Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on the 7th!  It sometimes seems like just yesterday we got married.  We didn't do much to celebrate.  My parents took the boys for an afternoon and we went out to eat and shop a little.

At the end of June Caleb had a little mishap with the train table.  We ran him to the ER and he ended up getting 3 stitched in his left eyebrow.  Poor little guy.  This was his first major boo boo.  He was fine with it except for when they where actually stitching him up.  Shortly after he was back to his rambunctious self.

Mike started back to school on the 10th.  His position is different this year.  Instead of having jr. high and high school bands, he's switched to K-6 elementary music.  Among other issues he wanted to have more time at home with me and the boys.  This way he doesn't have weekend commitments or he doesn't have to stay so late after school so much.  After the year we've had, we are all looking forward to this.  His first day with kindergartners was a little shaky, but over the last week he has gotten through it a little better.  Best of all I'm looking forward to decorating his bulletin boards for him!  He hates this job and I thought it sounded like alot of fun!

Above is a picture taken on the 4th of July of Candy and my kids.  In this picture they are 1, 2, 3, & 4 years old! 

Gabe starts preschool next monday, the 23rd.  He is very excited about it.  I am not so ready for it.  I am looking forward to a couple hours, a couple days a week, of just Caleb and I time!  Gabe will be in school M-W-F 8-10:45am.  For the first couple weeks this is going to be a little rough to get through these 3 mornings.  I have to take Gabe to school, drop Caleb off at Candy's, go to radiation, go back and pick up Caleb, then go back to pick up Gabe all in a 3 hr time slot!  Phew!!

No comments: