Okay...so after almost completely giving up on potty training Gabe on tuesday, he's finally doing an okay job again. We've been at it now for almost 3 weeks. The first week he did okay, going about once a day in the potty and actually did #2 for the first time (as noted in earlier post). Then last weekend he started a stretch of 5 days of no successes, just a ton of messes around the house and I was about fed up with it on tuesday. I decided to give up trying and take off a couple weeks and then come back to it. Later that night I talked myself out of it and wednesday we were back in underwear all day. He finally went in the potty again (once) that day, so we tried it again on thursday...he went 3 times!!!! and had no messes that day (although he had a pull up on while we were out visiting his cousin Hayden). And then today, he went 3 times again!!! He seems into it now because...yes...I have started bribing him with M&M's everytime he goes. He still isn't telling me when he has to go, I'm making him sit every 45 minutes or so, but for 2 days that's all he needed. We did have one accident today during his nap which really upset him. I decided to stop putting him in a pull up for nap time because it seemed he was trying to hold it in until he got the pull up on, which defeats the whole purpose of the underwear all day. So wish us luck! Now that I've posted this I'm sure we'll back track again.
No comments:
Post a Comment